Saturday, December 1, 2012

Kimono de Jack UK Orian Showdown at Hyper Japan Christmas 2012

Photo by Stefan Dahl
I finally was able to go to Hyper Japan again! I missed the spring one because of some engineering works on the Central line which would have put me at 3 hours one way journey, so I was going to do my best to not miss this one.

The theme for our Kimono de Jack meet up was Oiran Showdown, where each one of us dressed up as our interpretation of oiran from Sakuran. I've been dying to wear this orange dance hikizuri that Hong has, so I used this opportunity to beg her to let me borrow it :) At first I was going to do something with my hair, like make some oiran-style hair bows, but at the end I didn't want to bother with it all and decided to go with my normal hair. Instead, I've also borrowed a kitsune mask from Hong and used it as my hair accessory.

Photo by April

Photo by Stefan Dahl
Photo by April. 

Here are some more photos of us goofing off. As you can see, posing is not the only thing we do ;P All the photos below were either taken by April, or emailed to me from people who took out photo at Hyper Japan. All posted with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment