Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My very first purple kimono!

Oh my kimono spendings! No wonder I always go broke!

Yesterday I got myself a purple RO kimono. Now I have 2 ro :) I had to tell my friend Aira to not even think about getting it (because of her love for purple, I give her hard time about it all the time) cuz it's MINE!! It's a little bit on a short side for me, only 154cm in length, but sleeve to sleeve measurement is 137cm! That was the deciding factor for me.





Sadly I only have 1 ro obi right now and I don't think it will match this kimono very well. Ideally I would like a light green obi to go with it, or maybe even cream. I like the light obi paired up with darker kimono, or dark kimono paired up with lighter obi. :)

4 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful kimono Lyuba-chan! I can't wait to see it in an ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't have any other ro obi than my dark pink one, I think I'll try to pair it up with that. I'll just have to balance it out with my whitish/green/beige obiage and obijime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always get pretty colors that look good on you even if you don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous kimono! I love ro, and bamboo. But is it bamboo? I suddenly start to doubt it is... is it some grass type?
    I love it and it doesn't seem that short for you, does it? Should be ok. Can't wait to see a full ensemble either ^_^

    ReplyDelete