My friend Elizabeth, also known as @Hairfreax on twitter, is going to go volunteer in Japan this fall and she needs help with raising money for it. Right now she is trying to raise half the cost, and one of the ways she is going to do it is by holding several kimono sets raffles.
Here are the rules:
1. Open worldwide.
2. Each raffle ticket costs $10, and you can enter as many times as you like (remember, all of the money raised will go towards volunteering).
3. Use the Paypal button to submit your payment.
4. In the Special Instructions to Seller, please list your ADDRESS and EMAIL by which we can contact you.
5. The last day to enter will be July 31, 2011! Winner will be announced shortly after and contacted by email.
6. Winner will be picked using Random.org.
7. If the winner doesn't respond within 48 hours, we will have to pick another winner.
8. Another person will also get picked to get a surprise runner up gift.
9. Packages will be mailed out within 2 business days after we get the confirmation from the winning person.
Originally I was hoping to go with her, but I was waiting for my online school to release their fall schedule and when they did..... I knew there is no way I would be able to go ANYWHERE! Instead I decided I will donate two (almost) complete kimono outfits to her fundraiser! This is what will be available in the competition:
|Sorry, cats are not included ;P But they approved of this kimono :)|
But what if you don't like traditional kimono style? Then the next ensemble will be perfect for you! Featuring my signature style of stripes and hats, you will be ready to be funky and modern in no time. With this ensemble you will get a blue striped wool kimono, with a vintage reversible checkered/striped silk nagoya obi, complete with a matching cloche hat and a scarf. Obiage, obijime and haneri are also included, and all you have to do is get yourself a juban and zori and tabi. Or you can simply wear this outfit with western boots for a complete modern feel!
|You can see haneri very well here.|
|Here you can see the other side of nagoya obi pretty well.|
Please donate below! You can select which kimono set you want, as well as donating just to donate! Every little bit will be greatly appreciated!