Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Black, White and Matching

Hello Everyone,

It feels like I was changing my plans every hour this Saturday. First I was supposed to go to London with a friend, but then I remembered that my husband had contact lenses appointment and he needed me there for moral support lol. Then his work changed his schedule two times in two days, so he ended up having to stay up for a whole night to get back into night shift and asked me to cancel his appointment. By the time he told me that, my friend was already gone so I've decided to go to Cambridge instead.

I confess that I've been neglecting my modern kimono lately in favor of vintage sha pieces. This black and white ro komon was a lucky win on eBay a while back, but I just couldn't get around to wearing it. I paired it up with my pain-in-a-butt ro hikinuki obi after watching a video on youtube that finally showed me clearly one of the steps that I was missing. This gave me a perfect reason to wear my straw cloche. I thought it would be cute to wear one black and one white belts as two obijime and kept the obiage also white (not that I have much choice lol). Haneri is faint pink with black flowers to match the pink of my bag and the pink in the obi design.

Finally, for the matchy part. I see Yumi Yamamoto doing it pretty often, and I've always wanted to try matching kimono and tabi. I could actually do it this time because I just so happen to own some black and white striped tabi! I like the effect quite a lot, if only I didn't tie my kimono too short. What can I say, old habits die hard :)
Unfortunately this obi has a yellow fold line which can't be hidden. It's not visible very much in the photos, but it's pretty visible in real life. I am not sure that there is even a way to clean it either, since it's a silk obi.

And yes, I did wear tabi! I think it's maybe the third time this year..? :)

~ Lyuba

No comments:

Post a Comment