Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Coordinating With What You've Got #1

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to *attempt* to start a new series called Coordinating With What You've Got. I say attempt because I'm not very good with keeping up with any series I start, so we'll see how long this one lasts. The idea is to wear this outfit tomorrow or Friday, provided it's not raining.


I actually build this outfit around the boots, because I haven't worn them in a while and I felt like I kept wearing my red and purple boots too much lately. Brown ones needed some love too! I've got this kimono a while back, and when it came in I was surprised by how much darker it was! In the seller's photos the brown was the same as the brown in my boots, but it turned out to be this gorgeous dark brown-plum-almost-purplish shade, and the green turned out to be turquoise. I figured this kimono needed some bright obi, so I've pulled out this vintage tsuke obi I have.

You probably can't see it very well in the photos, but my haneri has tiny brown & white flowers. Obiage is supposed to match the haneri, and obijime is a belt I got few days ago. I just couldn't pass up the daisy design :).


I completely forgot that I had this beret until I was walking upstairs to look for a hat, and saw it laying on top of one of my comic book boxes. I took it downstairs, and sure enough it was almost the exact shade as the brown in kimono. Guess it was meant to be. I threw the red gloves there to play off the red in my juban, which will be visible in the sleeves once everything is worn. Depending on how cold it is, I might even be adventurous and wear one of my red tights, but if it is pretty cold then I'll be back to my trusty black HEATTECH leggins.

The fur collar might not actually stay for the final outfit... because pretty soon THIS will arrive at my doorstep! Guess we'll just have to see.


I'm pretty interested to see how the final outfit will turn out, because I'm never set with my coordination. Meanwhile, let me know if you have any suggestions for me.

~ Lyuba

2 comments:

  1. I like this series idea! The coord looks perfect to me I have nothing I can add lol.

    ReplyDelete