Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kimono and snow go very well together!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hello Everyone,

I didn't believe it at first when I saw the weather forecast that promised heavy snow in our area. I pretty much said that I will believe it when I see it, because for the past 3 years that I've spent in UK, our area doesn't really get much of ANYTHING in terms of weather. I call this curious phenomenon a "Lakenheath Bubble". Well, yesterday I was proven wrong because we got a LOT of snow!!!

I couldn't wait until morning so I could put on one of my kimono and take some photos (and walk around in the snow wheeeeeeeeee!!!). I had a kimono in mind, and even took it out, but when I woke up there was a LOT more snow than I expected. Instead, I've decided to be safe and wear my wool kimono. Incidentally, it is very similar to the kimono that I wore a few days ago, but I promise you I'm not on a yellow kick. I simply have only one wool kimono, and it happens to be yellow.


Look how much snow there was!
Since I was going to be walking around in the snow, I've decided to give my trusty old Sketchers Shape-Ups boots a chance. I've never wore them with kimono, and I never thought I would, but today they sure saved my outfit. Not only that, but I successfully managed to get them completely wet (the outer layer) too. I found a brown hat in the depth of my collection, and a scarf that I've bought back in Florida! I paired up the kimono with my Ane-sama ningyo, which happens to be my favorite pattern, patterned hanhaba obi and long red gloves.




It actually wasn't that cold, about 1C outside, but for the sake of fashion (and my exposed neck), I wore a cape and a scarf on top (I also wore UNIQLO's HeatTech leggings and sweater under my kimono). After taking plenty of photos, I went for a nice little walk to a grocery store.



When I came back, I let the kitties outside again and tried to take some photos with them. As you can see, both of them were not impressed with being kitty models. Both of them were shivering so much, but still insisted on staying outside and exploring the white fluffy stuff. They were simply adorable in the snow.



If you're in UK, did you take this opportunity to wear your kimono in the snow? If not, have you ever worn kimono in the snow? Show me your posts or photos, I would love to see them! :)

~ Lyuba

2 comments: