Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So not dressed for the weather!

Hello Everyone,

Last Saturday my friend and I went to a Sweetheart Bazaar at the local elementary school. While the bazaar itself was nothing big, it was a perfect opportunity to wear kimono! Few days before I posted this coordination, and it's the same as what I attempted to wear on the day.


As you can see, this doesn't look like what I had in mind. Allow me to explain. I honestly started out with the original coordination, but while I was waiting for my friend to come over I tried to take photos. While going outside I've discovered that I'm cold, and that I don't like they way I look. I wasn't too worried about being cold, because I wasn't going to spend much time outside, but at the same time I still wanted to be more comfortable.

So here is the original coordination, and yes I look like a total dolt. In my defense, the camera and I were not getting along at that moment.


I went back inside and changed my hat and the scarf. I actually like this coordination the most, but I was still cold!


Still not happy, I changed the gloves to my blue ones, which reach all the way past my elbows! It felt like I was wearing a sweater in reverse, and guess what? I was much warmer just because of the gloves! It's amazing what covering your arms does, because they end up pretty exposed from the under-arm openings in the kimono. I also grabbed the brown hat. At the end I ended up wearing this coordination, because my friend showed up right at the same time and I left in whatever I was wearing.




I'm pretty happy with the way my obiage turned out. Actually there are two obiage, twisted together and laid one on top of another to get that braided effect.


Just for fun, here is an image from my Tumblr. It's nice when designers and I get the same idea, isn't it? :)


Which is your favorite coordination out of three?

~ Lyuba

No comments:

Post a Comment