Monday, August 23, 2010

Kimono de Jack London

No... sadly it hadn't happened yet, but that is not to say it will not happen soon :) I was very inspired by Ichiroya's recent post about Kimono de Jack events held in Japan, and I want to be able to experience the same thing where I live. Who said we had to live in Japan in order to have Kimono de Jack? :)

Kimono de Jack

Kimono de Jack was started by 11 kimono enthusiasts from Kyoto, who were concerned that there were not enough occasions to wear kimono anymore. So in order to combat the problem, they decided to create their own event or Kimono de Jack. The first event was held on May 7, 2010 in Kyoto and was advertised by Twitter. Since then, Kimono de Jack spread across Japan and is now held in several regions.

So far I've created KimonodeJackUK twitter account, so that I can also advertise it through Twitter. Later in the week I'm hoping to get a new blog up, specifically for the Kimono de Jack London. Ideally I would love to have it once a month, which I think is pretty realistic.

Plan on, Lyuba! :)

1 comment:

  1. We've really been doing this unofficially for the past two years with our Team Manekineko. We don't always have a Japanese destination in London, but just enjoy wearing them as you know. Twitter might attract more people and that can't be a bad thing. :)

    ReplyDelete