Friday, January 4, 2013

Just Arrived #21

My final Shinei order had arrived! That is not to say that I might or might not have something else on order...

After I discovered the greatness of vintage haori, I set out to look for more haori. The first one is all-shibori purple asanoha vintage haori (I feel like I'm checking off all the drool-worthy qualities here). Those that know me also know that I'm not a big fan of asanoha OR shibori, but for some reason this haori was talking to me. I see a lot of potential here.
 When I saw this haori, I simply fell in love. It is not vintage, but it has roses, and they have this watercolor paint quality to them. In person, it is even more beautiful. Let's just say it was love from the first sight.
Did you get any kimono goodies for any of the holidays?

~ Lyuba


2 comments:

  1. Oh, those are both quite lovely! I really like the rose one myself. I have to be careful wearing white with my skin tone, but I think it's going to look super fabulous on you!

    As for holiday goodies...my whole (tiny) collection from the ground up was a present from my BFF for this past Christmas/New Years/Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a start. Trust me, pretty soon your collection will EXPLODE and multiply and you will wonder where you will put it all...

      Delete