Monday, September 12, 2011

Kimono Challenge Tag #5

Hello Everyone!

I generally don't have any trouble coordinating ensembles with kimono, so it's probably easier to ask me which coordinations I'm NOT happy with. But since the question asked for my favorite ones... well here goes nothing :)



I wore this kimono to Japanese New Year and all of the Japanese ladies there were nodding in approval, saying how my ensemble was very festive. You can't see it, but nagoya obi has pine needless on it. :)



I wanted to wear a brown only ensemble. :)

This one I'm particularly proud of because after wearing kimono in such a non-traditional way, I realized that I love western shoes + kimono combo. Oh, and  TokyoTelephone loved it too. ;P






Obviously this is not me, but I coordinated the outfit and I must say it works together wonderfully! Even better than my first coordination (see first photo).

What are your favorite coordinations?

~ Lyuba

1. How did you discover and got into kimono? 
2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).
4. Your least used kimono item(s).

5. Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
6. What do you like and don't like about kimono. 
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that... 
8. Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can't get for whatever reason).
9. Your biggest kimono fears. 
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration. 
11. Your kimono collection. 
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.

13. Your special kimono memory. 

2 comments:

  1. You look very cute in kimono; love the red one.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, there's some of the funkiest kimono ensembles I've ever seen in your post! :D

    My personal favourite is the lovely burgundy coloured kimono with creamy obi & green obi-age (4th picture down) - very simple and straightforward but lovely colour combo :) I also really like the 2nd photo from the bottom - black and red always work together so well!

    ReplyDelete